1,300 New Homes to be Built as Part of a New Cambridge Community
December 14, 2020 | By DS Movements |
Described as a ‘mini town’ a new development is set to bring 1,300 new homes to the east of Cambridge, in Marleigh. We’re taking a closer look at what the plans entail and what it might be like to live in this exciting new neighbourhood.
Top 5 things you should know about the new Marleigh Development in Cambridge:
1. A joint project between Marshall Group and Hill Group, the new community will be built off Newmarket Road, in Marleigh. Situated in East Cambridge, just a short distance from the city centre, Cambridge North train station and Cambridge Airport, it will be an ideal location for commuters.
2. The development is not just about building new, affordable housing, there will also be a school, market square, woodland walks, cycle routes, retail and office spaces, allotments, sports pitches and a wealth of other amenities and attractive features.
3. All 308 properties in phase 1B are going to be two-three storeys with a mixture of houses and flats.
4. 28% of the 308 new builds will be affordable housing. These will be a mixture of affordable rent and shared ownership.
5. While the first phase of the development is currently underway, it’s believed the second phase of up to 417 homes will begin next summer.
With exciting developments underway in one of England’s most historic cities, there’s never been a better time to think about moving to Cambridge. With the new Marleigh development being described as both innovative and vibrant, it may be well worth a look at some of the properties on offer if you’re thinking about moving to the Cambridge area.
If you’re looking for Cambridge Removal Companies, DS Movements are a reliable and efficient removal company. With over 170 five star reviews on Facebook, we’re a trusted local company that delivers exceptional customer service that works around your schedule.