Moving Home Checklist
Now that you’ve found your dream home it’s time to get ready for the big move! We have put together a Moving House checklist to help you tick off all the important tasks you need to complete for your move, so you can be sure that you don’t miss a thing. We are experts in domestic removals and have been providing customers in Cambridgeshire with a bespoke, hassle-free service to ensure the process runs as smoothly as possible.
What to Do Now
- The first thing you will need to do is officially confirm the date of your move with your conveyancers and house sellers.
- If you’re renting, you will need to contact your landlord and give them notice of the exact date you are moving out of the property.
- Contact your utility suppliers (electricity, gas, phone and broadband) to inform them that you’re moving out. It is a good idea to use this as a chance to check you’re getting the best deals for your utilities too. Take the opportunity to call other utility providers for quotes for your new home and see if your existing provide can match these.
- Look for a professional domestic removals company online. Check out their reviews, availability and service to ensure that it meets your requirements. If you are based in Ely, Cambridge or the surrounding areas contact the team at DS Movements for a no obligation quote, bespoke to your needs.
- Have a clear out. Moving properties is the perfect time to go through your old things and decide what’s worth keeping. Getting rid of any unwanted belongings will save you a lot of time and effort for when you move.
- It’s a great idea to create a list of where all the important things are in your new home including gas and electricity meters, thermostats etc.
- Create an inventory of the furniture you have that you are taking with you. Then create a shopping list of the items you’ll need for your new property.
- Label your boxes whilst packing and tick these off your checklist as you go. This will give you peace of mind that you haven’t left anything behind and ensures you know exactly what’s inside each box.
- Finally, you will need to contact the following people to let them know you’re changing your address:
- Bank, insurance, pension and credit card companies
- TV Licencing
- The council, electoral roll
- National insurance
- Post redirection services
Whether you’re moving into a small flat or a large house, DS Movements has a team of professional movers which are well equipped to help you move into your new property. For more information about our home removals service, contact us on 01353 930095 or online through our contact form for a free quotation.